This page may contain affiliate links. In addition to sharing our personal experiences, we often write about products and services that we use ourselves or that we believe would be a helpful resource for you. To support our work, and remain a free website, we receive a commission from some of the links we share.
There are a number of good resources for RV checklists out there.
I’ve spent some time researching them and I’ve compiled “the best of the best” below. Some are our own — others are from fellow RVers.
Need an RV checklist? Start here…
No matter which aspect of RVing you are currently seeking a checklist for, the following RV checklists cover every part of RVing — from packing and loading the RV to camping, driving, and doing RV maintenance!
Before You Buy A New RV, Motorhome Or Travel Trailer…
Before you buy anything new, you should do a little homework first.
Here are some checklists to make sure you cover all of the important things during the road-test, walk-around inspection, and what to look for before you take delivery of your new RV.
- RV inspection checklist
- Checklist to follow before you buy an RV
- RV road test checklist
- RV & travel trailer road test checklist
- Checklist for buying a used RV
Supplies RVers Generally Like To Have On-Board At All Times…
From the most basic supplies to the extravagant luxury items, it’s all covered here.
- Initial inventory checklist before your first RV trip
- A checklist of common RV essentials
- RV supplies checklist
- Checklist for on-board supplies
- Essential checklist for outfitting your RV
- Checklist for optional items that are nice to have on hand
- RV kitchen checklist (.pdf)
To Do Before You Hit The Road…
Before you even leave home, there are some things you’ll want to do to make sure things are in order for the time that you will be gone.
- RV vacation checklist
- Checklist to make sure everything is in working order
- 5th wheel departure checklist (.pdf)
- Customizable list of items you’ll probably need at some point
- RV departure checklist
- Customizable RV meal plan & shopping list
If You Have Pets…
Whether you have a dog or a cat, here are some important reminders as far as pets go.
If You’ll Be Camping…
For the most part, your basic supplies will include shelter, bedding, seating, tools, safety & emergency equipment, cooking & eating supplies, fun & activities & entertainment, clothing, grooming & toiletries, cleaning supplies, and health care items.
- RV camping checklist
- RV camping supplies checklist
- The ultimate checklist for camping
- Coleman’s RV camping checklist
- Essential vs optional camping gear checklist
- Customizable list of toiletries to pack
Before Arriving At & Departing From RV Camping Locations…
One of the most ‘dangerous’ aspects of RVing is when you forget to do something before you leave (like pull in the slide-outs or turn off the levelers). Likewise, it’s sometimes hard to remember all of the little things you need to know when you decide to park somewhere overnight. These lists will help.
- RV breaking camp checklist
- Motorhome arrival & set-up checklist
- RV travel trailer arrival & set-up checklist
- Motorhome departure checklist
- Pre-trip checklist
- RV travel trailer departure checklist
- Checklist for detaching a truck camper from a pickup truck
- Departing a campground checklist
- Camp set-up checklist
RV Maintenance Checklists…
You can prolong the life of your RV and make your road trips more enjoyable by sticking to a regular maintenance and repair schedule. Here are some ideas.
Over the past several years, I've been involved with transporting RVs, renting RVs, and fulltime RVing (months at a time). I'm fortunate to have had a number of different RVs available to me to try out — which has enabled me to experience the nuances of RVing firsthand. When I'm not RVing, you can find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).