This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
There are a number of good resources for RV checklists out there.
I’ve spent some time researching them and I’ve compiled “the best of the best” below. Some are our own — others are from fellow RVers.
Need an RV checklist? Start here…
No matter which aspect of RVing you are currently seeking a To Do List for, the following lists cover every part of RVing — from packing and loading the RV to camping, driving, and performing RV maintenance!
Before You Buy An RV Camper, Motorhome, Or Travel Trailer…
Before you buy anything new, you should do a little homework first.
Here are the best checklists to make sure you cover all of the important things during the road-test, walk-around inspection, and what to look for before you take delivery of your new RV:
- Checklist for buying a used RV
- List of 10 things that increase the value of your RV
- List of 10 things that decrease used RV values
- RV inspection list
Supplies RVers Generally Like To Have On-Board At All Times…
From the most basic supplies to the extravagant luxury items, it’s all covered in these checklists:
- RV supplies checklist
- KOA’s ultimate RV camping pack list
- Good Sam’s ultimate RV travel packing list
- Universal RV packing list for RVers
To Do Before You Hit The Road…
Before you even leave home, these checklists will ensure that things are in order for the time that you will be gone:
- Everything to do before leaving home (or campground)
- 5th wheel departure checklist (here’s a list for other types of towables)
- RV checklist to prep your RV for a trip
- Things to do before departure RV checklist
If You Have Pets…
Whether you have a dog or a cat, here are some important reminders — pet camping checklists:
- Pet RV camping checklist
- Dog car & travel checklist
- RV camping with dogs checklist
- RVing with dogs ultimate guide
If You’ll Be Camping…
For the most part, your basic supplies will include shelter, bedding, seating, tools, safety & emergency equipment, cooking & eating supplies, fun & activities & entertainment, clothing, grooming & toiletries, cleaning supplies, and health care items. It’s all covered in these checklists:
- RV essentials checklist
- Essential camping gear list
- REI’s family camping essentials list
- RV camping list of what to pack
Before Arriving At & Departing From RV Camping Locations…
One of the most dangerous aspects of RVing is when you forget to do something before you leave (like pull in the slide-outs or turn off the levelers). Likewise, it’s sometimes hard to remember all of the little things you need to know when you decide to park somewhere overnight. These checklists will help:
- RV breakdown list of things you can’t forget to do
- Set-up & take-down RV camping checklist
- RV arrival & departure checklists
- RV setup & departure checklists
RV Maintenance To Do Lists…
You can prolong the life of your RV and make your road trips more enjoyable by sticking to a regular maintenance and repair schedule. These are the best maintenance lists for RVers:
- Spring RV trip prep & maintenance list
- Fall RV trip prep & maintenance list
- Checklist for winterizing your RV
- Boondocking RV maintenance checklist
Over the past several years, I've been involved with transporting RVs, renting RVs, and fulltime RVing (months at a time). I'm fortunate to have had a number of different RVs available to me to try out — which has enabled me to experience the nuances of RVing firsthand. When I'm not RVing, you can find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).