Sightseeing itself is a fun pastime — or hobby — for most RVers. But beyond that, how do you really spend your time in an RV?
Especially if you’re a fulltime RVer, there will likely come a time when the walls of your RV will seem like they’re closing in around you.
That’s when you know it’s time to find a fun RV hobby!
Perhaps it’s time to find an interesting hobby that’s more suited to RVers who live their life on the road.
Why RV Hobbies Are Important
An RV hobby can provide you with:
- A reason to travel to new places.
- A common interest that will bring you together with other people.
- A way to learn new things about a subject that you’re interested in.
- A reason to pursue something that you’ve always been passionate about, but never had the time before.
- A lot of fun new adventures.
- A way to stay active and physically fit.
- A portable activity that can be enjoyed as you travel from place to place.
Leave the RV recliner to the novice RVer who hasn’t discovered the one true benefit of RVing: having the time to do exactly what you want to do!
Fun RV Hobbies
Following are some interesting RV hobbies that you may not have thought about.
Who knew there were so many creative ways to spend your time?!…
(Click links for tips, videos & photos from fellow RVers)
But Wait There’s More!
One good example is having a diehard passion for following a particular sports team, singer, trade show, or type of sporting event — no matter where it takes you.
That’s right, some RVers make a point of following someone else’s calendar all across the country just to be in the same place at the same time that key events take place.
Some hobbies are for very dedicated people who follow events – perhaps a NASCAR racing schedule, a particular band or singer. They go to as many events as possible, try to get to every baseball stadium in the country – perhaps an “A” League – or even the Major League. —RV Insight
Tips For Taking Your RV Hobby To The Next Level
- By joining a club or organization that’s involved with the hobby of your choice, you can find out all of the “insider secrets” for pursuing your hobby with others like you.
- Meetup is a great site that connects people of similar interests. I use it mostly to find out about motorcycle rides taking place in my area. Since there are so many fun meetups going on, it’s also a great way to find something to do at the last minute!
- Don’t overlook the fact that you might even find a way to get paid pursuing whatever it is you’re passionate about. Thanks to the Internet– specifically sites like Etsy, eBay, Craigslist, and Pinterest — you can quickly show others what you’ve been doing.
So, what’s your favorite RV hobby? I can’t wait to hear about it in the comments below!
Over the past several years, I've been involved with transporting RVs, renting RVs, and fulltime RVing (months at a time). I'm fortunate to have had a number of different RVs available to me to try out — which has enabled me to experience the nuances of RVing firsthand. When I'm not RVing, you can find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).