We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
I live in Tennessee. Nashville to be exact. And I wish I’d thought about writing this article last weekend when my nephew was here and wanted to know about historical sites and museums in the area. For some reason, I was finding it hard to think past all of the battlefields in the area.
In case you’re wondering, his dad took him to all the historical sites. Jim and I took him to the Creative Discovery Museum in Chattanooga. (He’s 8.) Here’s a funny shot I took of Jim. (He fell asleep.)
Which reminds me… more RV fun with Legos!
Anyway… I’ve consulted with my RV friends and compiled a huge collection of links that can be used to help make your RV trip through Tennessee more enjoyable.
Some fun stops and attractions you might want to consider…
RV Stops In TN
These links go to personal reviews, ratings, and opinions shared by fellow RVers…
- Magical Musical Tour: Nashville’s Music City …from Camping World
- Memphis-Graceland RV Park & Campground …if you’re anywhere near Graceland and downtown Memphis, this is where you’ll want to stay
- Memphis Museums …my favorite is the National Civil Rights Museum
- Great Smoky Mountains …the view from an RV
- Top 30 Things To Do In Sevierville, TN …from Trip Advisor
- East Tennessee and West North Carolina …some sights to see
- Chattanooga Historical Tours …for the history buffs who RV
- Fun Museums In Gatlinburg, TN …fun stopping sites for kids and adults alike
- Knoxville, TN Museums & Attractions …lots of rich history there
- RV Sightseeing In Nashville …the key spots in Franklin & Nashville are included here
- Great Smoky Mountains & Nashville, TN …Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge, plus Nashville tourist spots
- East Tennessee Border Trip …lots to see along the way
Tennessee Resources For RVers
- Tennessee Highway Road And Travel Conditions — find the most dangerous highways, RV service centers, Tennessee bed & breakfasts, highway rest stops, gas prices, webcams, and more.
- Tennessee Road Food — find some of the most interesting places to stop for food across TN.
- Tennessee DMV — RV & motorhome registration laws, RV parking areas, and other tips for driving your RV in Tennessee.
- Tennessee Road Map Itineraries — turn by turn what you’ll find on the major highways in Tennessee.
- Roadside Attractions — Tennessee tourist attractions you might be interested in.
- Discover Tennessee — explore Tennessee byways and off-the-beaten-path maps.
RV Parks & Campgrounds In Tennessee
- Where To Camp In Tennessee — from The Tennessee Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds
- Tennessee RV Parks & Campgrounds — from RV Clubs USA
- Tennessee On Wheels — Click on the map where you’ll be in Tennessee, and find a list of RV campgrounds in the area
Over the past several years, I've been involved with transporting RVs, renting RVs, and fulltime RVing (months at a time). I'm fortunate to have had a number of different RVs available to me to try out — which has enabled me to experience the nuances of RVing firsthand. When I'm not RVing, you can find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).