This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Maybe there isn’t room on your dining table for the big Thanksgiving centerpieces you’re used to, but a smaller more compact version can be just as colorful and meaningful for your downsized lifestyle.
Here are some Autumn and Thanksgiving decorations that work great in small spaces. These will add a festive touch to your RV — without emptying your pocketbook.
All-Natural Fall Decorations
Low-cost decorations that you make from natural materials will minimize the cost, and can be easily disposed of once the season is over. This approach will also save you valuable storage space. And since they’re organic, you can compost them along with normal yard waste.
- The beautiful oranges, reds and golds found in leaves that are showing their final burst of color and make for wonderful decorations in your RV.
- Decorative window hangings can be made by ironing different leaves in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors between 2 sheets of wax paper. Hung by a simple thread in your RV’s windows, they will catch the sunlight and splash color throughout your coach or trailer.
- If you happen to be staying anywhere near a marsh or wetland area, you may be able to retrieve a handful of cattails, and maybe some dried tall grass.
- On a trip to a thrift store, you can get a couple pairs of child’s blue jeans and maybe a flannel shirt or two. Using the dried grass or straw, you can stuff a couple scarecrows from the clothing. You might want to use an old pillowcase for the head. Place this near your pumpkin in a group with the cattails at the entrance to your RV. (Just for fun, you could always set a couple of scarecrows in lawn chairs.)
Now you’ve created a nice outdoor scene that can be completely recycled at the end of the season!
More Ideas For Autumn Decorations
- A trip to the nearest Dollar Store will give you a remarkable selection of little figurines to top off your Autumn display.
- Pick up a pumpkin at the market and set it along the entry way outside your RV.
- With a nice grouping of pine-scented candles, you can bring the aroma of the forest right into the living room of your RV. (Take care where you place them, and never leave burning candles unattended.)
- If local shopping isn’t a possibility, the Internet will provide a wide variety of Autumn decorating items that can be delivered to your choice of mail drops. If you’re spending a week at a campground, you can probably have an order delivered right to your campsite.
Storing Decorations Inside Your RV
Most RVs designed for full-time living include a sizable amount of storage space. By choosing wisely — with size and storage space being considered — a plastic storage tub can easily accommodate the off-season storage of your decorations.
Throughout the year, you can cycle between the seasons and holidays — storing away one season’s decorations, as you remove the next from the same storage tub.
The key to success in your Fall decorating is to concentrate on a few small but high quality items. Quality will outshine quantity every time.
More Ideas For Fall Decorating In Small Spaces
I’ve been involved in RVing for over 50 years — including camping, building, repairing, and even selling RVs and motorhomes. I’ve owned, used, and repaired almost every class and style of RV ever made. I do all of my own repair work. My other interests include cooking, living with an aging dog, and dealing with diabetic issues. If you can combine a grease monkey with a computer geek, throw in a touch of information nut and organization freak, combined with a little bit of storyteller… you’ve got a good idea of who I am. To date, I’ve shared my RV knowledge in over 300 articles here at The Fun Times Guide! Many of them have over 25K shares.